Majors & Degrees
Food Safety is a fulfilling, influential major that pairs a solid foundation of food science, regulation, and law as it relates to public and ecosystem health and sustainability.
The program is right for you if:
- you want to advance your own business within the food sector,
- you are driven to research and invent technologies, process, and products that support the safe, efficient delivery of food,
- you want to investigate and prevent foodborne outbreaks and conduct educational outreach regarding food safety and sustainability,
- you seek to execute compliance activities, perform audits, and facilitate import/export operations,
- you’re interested in guiding international trade agreements and policies,
- you want to research, test, and analyze the safety of products and processes,
- you have a passion for working in collaborative teams within the agriculture, food, and livestock industries,
- you are considering graduate or veterinary school, or
- you want to work in research settings to ensure health and explore innovative technologies and practices.
A Comprehensive, Rewarding Education
Within a welcoming community, you’ll learn from leading educators driven to nurture your critical thinking and professional skills in active learning environments tailored to your interests.
Our comprehensive program weaves core scientific principles with hands-on in the fields and farms of top producers. Our integrated, global approach prepares you to excel in a range of rewarding positions focused on global priorities.